Saturday, December 5, 2009

Truth or Happiness?


There is so much truth to the statement that truth or happiness, but not both. Since we encounter occasions where mostly truth and happiness do not go together, should one seek truth or happiness, is a question hard to answer. It requires a cognisant decision to be made as to which direction does one consider important – truth or happiness.

There is a quote that “The Truth shall set you free”. However in no shape or form does it say that happiness comes along in that freedom. And a learned person said that Wisdom is a burden if it does not make you free. This statement actually brings out the ultimate fact of life that we seem to overlook today. It essentially implies that wisdom is of no use if it is directed towards just imposing what is right or just finding what is right and not applied towards finding happiness for self and others.

This is completely true, I believe. I have been on the wrong path many times. My intention often turns out to be "find what is right", instead "let’s be happy". My experiences in life now say that – happiness is the better path, looking from the holistic point of view.

For example, I had already mentioned numerous times that a substantive answer to address most of the problems is having “No Expectations”. Now I want to also take another example, "Judgement". These days I have gotten stronger opinions about morals and right doing, as I now look at behaviour from a very keenly observant point of view, and find many "wrong" intentions in daily normal behaviour. For me, "ego" also falls in the wrong category, and this is one of important reasons why I find all behaviour "bad" these days. However, I do find the right ones, don’t worry. In fact I find more right ones than bad ones than many other people do, and hence I consider myself close to many people.

But I recently found that it was not helping me. Judging everybody was taking me nowhere. I needed to like the people as they are. Even though they are bad, they always have a good side, if not apparent, sometimes we need to dig it out from them. And most people need love and love can be the means of relationships. (These days, when it is becoming easy to live, people are more tending to not needing love with other people, but I am sure, if they have the proper experience, they will ultimate realize it regardless of how individualistic they are).

And then, when I found somebody who was really not understanding how things work and his/her lack of empathy was causing trouble for everybody, instead of finding solutions to the problem that lead to peace and happiness for all, my ego and anger started rising and I started finding ways which gave support to them (ego and anger) instead, causing bad consequences. However, hopefully I have realized soon, and I can swerve the future.

Finding truth in world, and living with is almost next to godliness now. Sometimes, living in a myth or amidst a false belief is essential. What I consider important is that we don’t lie to ourselves. And then everything is on track.

Let us all be successful in finding joy for everyone. Let was walk vehemently on that path, with determination to never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment