Friday, December 11, 2009

Pleasing everyone, is a task that cannot be done...

I know and live this statement so very well indeed. When you try pleasing everybody, you usually end up pleasing nobody at all including yourself. Oh well, everything in good time.
What I feel like and what I would actually do is two totally different things. It just isn't in me to run. Part of my problem I guess, I have to face it full head-on.

A serious problem with trying to please everyone is that you might be forced to abandon you ideals. Stooping down, as it were, from the bar you’ve raised for yourself just to make someone else happy will only makes you unhappy. In other words, there will always be a price to pay when trying to please everyone.

I just wish I could somehow solve all the problems and conflicts that I am encountering. Furthermore, solve all these with the least amount of trouble and pain and hurt if preferable. Many at times I feel like running away, but that isn't even an option anymore. It never was I guess.

I realised that if my best isn’t good enough for some people, bluntly speaking: that’s their problem. I can’t punish myself for that. I have decided not to waste more time and energy (because I have none to spare) in feeling bad because I can’t make everyone happy. Coming to terms, accepting things as they really are, actually helps. I just had to let go of the wishful thinking.

I’ll be happy with this truth:
Although I can’t please everyone, I can always please SOMEONE.

1 comment:

  1. dude...sometimes i really feel that u read my mind n then update ur blog....i can so much relate all these incidents in my personal life.....it feels that u r expressing my dileema...in ur own very words.....feels like posting this into my blog...lolss....

    ReplyDelete