Friday, September 18, 2009

Coffee..Unleashing the Sociable Power...

“Behind every successful individual, is a substantial amount of coffee...”

I adore good coffee! There I've said it.
I am not one of thos
e coffee fiends that drink coffee all day long. But during this tiring and hectic routine, amidst such scorching heat even in the month of September, I sure can turn my mouth towards a cup of coffee to relax my veins. And while I am waiting for getting my coffee brewed, several thoughts pop up in my mind and I end up writing here.

Life is a journey chock-full of literal and proverbial coffee breaks. Imagine the things that can happen over a cup of coffee. Discovery of an inno
vative gadget, a new music track, chance finding of a solution to an issue, thought of getting back with your old mates, or saying yes to a marriage proposal! Well, there are numerous possibilities to be explored over a cup of coffee. Not to forget heart-to-heart conversations.

It’s been a numerous times that I have myself experienced the same. Spending hours and hours with my Phoenix friends at Buddies cafe near Treasure Island, going with cousins to Lotus, or meeting new friends at Cafe Coffee Day. Relatin
g to it, I deciphered this code that Coffee brings sociability to new heights and awareness. It's a personal enrichment that touches every aspect of your life, be it personal or professional.

It is fairly well known that going for a coffee with somebody can help you persuade them. A key reason why this works is that 'having a coffee' moves the person out of
any threatening formal situation and puts them into a relaxed and friendly environment. With their guard down and friendly trust increased, they are more open to suggestion. This aspect does wonders particularly in corporate world. Sales people would know this well, and many big deals have been closed over coffee, lunch or dinner. Coffee is even the classic ice-breaker and motivator among colleagues and clients for businessmen and businesswomen.

Coffee shops thus continue to have a large social
resonance, becoming primary social meeting places for youth, as well as the veterans. For example, you've just been set up on a date by your friends and are now frantically searching for a place to go to that would be cheap, low-maintenance, and provide an easy move-out strategy in case things don't look good. The perfect solution? Go out for coffee at a nice specialty coffee shop.

Isn’t it amazing how coffee brings together so many people in so many different situations?

I am not championing a cause. I just love good Coffee and great Conversation.
My coffee is now here so would take a leave, but I would highly recommend making a nice shot of espresso to compliment your reading because there's nothing better than reading about coffee with a nice cup of coffee by your side. It is bound to get the mind brewing!

Can’t you smell it now?

2 comments:

  1. ahem ahem..i atlest wasnt knowing that coffee could be something over which 1 could thought off n write...u gotta nice approach DD..now even i really need to think a hell lot before having a cup of coffee:P..but the way you have written its worth appreciation..kp blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talkng abt deals..evn drinkng can seal it ;)
    (does depend on ur tolerance though!). Nevertheless, speaking about coffee..i love it! Sometime, around my 2-3rd yr I used to eat it jus like tht! I dont know if many people have tasted this true taste..to try that one should try Colombian coffee--its neat and not all can relish it.

    ReplyDelete