Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grasping for objectivity in my subjective life...




“How can there be so much difference..between a day off and an off day ?”



Sundays are always off. But I finally get a weekday off for myself from everything: getting up early, hectic work, jingo colleagues, et al. And the occasion for the same, is Vishwakarma Jayanti. Sorry, but If you ask me about it, I won’t be able to answer anything. But still, there is not a lot that i have to squander away with the time I have. I just visited the book-fair and went window shopping. Totally unlike my usual self.

Frankly, I can’t recall when was the last time I spent a whole day in between the week, lazying around and sleeping and reading and watching TV, or going on a long outing with friends. Ah! I miss this so much. Come to think of it, it’s only being about three months on my job.

But whatever, it’s been a good start to my corporate career. My job profile’s good (something which I was too eager for), pay’s decent considering the recession and all that, and probably the most important thing is that I have, at least for now, not acted stupidly on the job.

Anyhow, the out-and-out worst part of the current job is the bloody travelling time. It takes more than an hour to travel to my workplace, and the type of hostile environment I get there, does not make it any better for me. So I have resorted to the best thing in life...Sleeeep. Taking a nap while going, and coming back, surely relaxes me a lot out of the busy schedule.

Anyways, this is not an act of bewilderment, or to gain sympathy. After all the serious stuff and critical writing that I have done straight away since I started blogging, I thought I needed a break. So while relaxing, I just put in this cribbing bit, waiting to see who all are lame enough to read this. That's why had to put in a attractive seductive title for this post. :P

1 comment:

  1. you are right in saying that this title sells, but let me give u one more sales tip, if this continues to be ur top blog post for long, many people will begin to wonder whether or not to read futher.
    well i have decided to take the risk.

    ReplyDelete