Thursday, October 29, 2009

Solution to a lot of problems in Life – “NO EXPECTATIONS”...

After a lot of thought and reflecting back on where things go wrong, I have found a substantive answer that addresses some problems in life. This does not correspond to only me, or any one section of the society, but I believe the mass can relate to it.

We frequently face conflict in our lives because we can't deliver to someone's expectations or we expect too much from others. When they fail expectations, we get angry, upset and forget all the good in them because of one failed expectation. For example, angry customers would create a scene if the products or services they bought did not fulfil their expectations. But I am talking of a much broader spectrum of expectations. I see that every day in my personal life, in the lives of my close ones, as well the public. Some hold on to that as a grudge and constantly bring conflict. It doesn't serve well in the long run. I specifically want to focus on the expectations in a relationship, primarily friendship.

It is high time as one gets over with that golden period of any relation wherein everything is ideal and works well, he should realize that friendship is not everything in life. As soon as one realizes it, better for him/her. What if one gets to know that friendship which meant the world for him is only superficial relationship? Some friends just care enough to be there in your good times and one incorrect step they are not there.

I feel like putting my hypothesis as “REFRAIN FROM EXPECTING TOO MUCH OUT OF A RELATIONSHIP UNLESS YOU TOO SURE OF THE RELEVANCE IT HOLDS FOR THE OTHER” because when your friendship becomes your world, and all of a sudden things come to a standstill, you start getting the feel of a lost creature and the whole motive of the friendship has gone astray. The belief takes over us that all the stories of true friendship are just too ideal, but in this world no one really cares. It hurts and makes one sink to the deepest furrow of grieves. This commandment is the best way to survive in this contemptible world where everyone lives for himself first and then thinks otherwise.

I received a text message which is also very true and apt in such scenarios. Never tell your problems to anyone except who genuinely cares for you. Most people would be happy that you are in trouble, and the rest don’t care about your sorrows. With thrashed expectations you can never revive your friendship again how hard you may try. At least when not expecting much from the relationship, everything is casual, and life moves on.

1 comment:

  1. True indeed!
    I think one should clearly know that line when it get's overemotional from emotional and sensitive.
    This reminds me of a thought one of my friend said. "Don't go so close to anybody, that he/she gets the power to hurt u."
    But I also wonder, that this is not always valid, or else there would have been no true friends

    ReplyDelete